JOB Description SUMMARY
The Apprentice performs basic maintenance and light repairs on customer vehicles. Primary goals are safe, efficient performance of all assigned duties, from maintenance and repairs to clean up.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform basic maintenance and light repairs on customer vehicles, per Dealership Policies and Procedures.
- Conduct a Multi-Point Inspection of customer vehicles to identify needed maintenance and repairs.
- Follows all required safety and hazardous materials procedures as required by dealership policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Uses and maintains dealership provided tools and equipment in proper operating condition. Conducts daily inventory of provided tools, alerting management of any missing items.
- Documents inspection findings and maintenance requirements clearly and accurately and communicates them to the ASM via quarter time inspection process.
- Communicates proactively with other associates to ensure a smooth, safe flow of work through the service department.
- Quality checks own work as well as team member(s) and the work of other technicians as requested.
SKILLS and REQUIRMENTS
- All apprentices will be registered with the Colorado state RAPIDS program and must follow program guidelines.
- Basic knowledge of automotive technology and related tool and equipment is preferred.
- Prior automotive repair experience is preferred.
- English language required, (Bilingual a plus)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass pre employment screening (background and drug.)
- Must be at least sixteen years of age