Job Description Summary
Automotive Service Advisors greet customers, listen to their description of the problems or service needed, determine the type of service required and prepare repair orders. If a vehicle requires additional repairs not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional cost and visit with, text, email, or call the customer for permission to do the work. They also advise customers on other available services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Greets customers on the drive in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information using available technologies and utilizing photos upon arrival.
- Advises customers about necessary service for routine maintenance.
- Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer or doing a visual inspection or road test.
- Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures and prepare work order for needed repairs.
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates for service.
- Writes a detailed description of the customer’s concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
- Notifies team leads/dispatcher of incoming work.
- Communicates with technicians and parts department on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted.
- Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer.
- Performs active delivery, obtains and secures method of payment, and collects all necessary signatures prior to delivery of customer vehicle.
- Handles customer complaints and communicates details with management.
- Answers incoming phone calls and schedules service appointments.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- English language required, (Bilingual a plus)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Valid Driver’s License
- The employee typically works in an office and shop environment and uses a computer, telephone, mobile phone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. Contact with the public in various environments may risk exposure to contagious diseases or contact with domestic animals.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (background and drug.)
- Must be at least eighteen years of age.