A Learning & Development Sales Trainer is responsible for instilling knowledge and process techniques for specific department roles within the dealerships. The trainer responsibilities include facilitating engaging classes, identifying areas of improvement and opportunities for the learner, evaluating skills and attending to the learner's challenges, organizing training materials and scheduling training sessions, and submitting timely reports to the management on progress. Trainers are required to have excellent public communication skills and extensive product knowledge to provide effective learning methodologies and maintain strategic project management.
Core objective: Learning & Development Sales Trainers will execute and facilitate all aspects of the Asbury Automotive Group’s training curriculum. The trainer’s key focus will be to grow and develop Asbury Automotive Team Members’ skill sets to improve performance, results, and overall success.
- Model the behaviors expected of all Asbury Automotive Team Members; including a drive for top results, a clear bias for action; high levels of maturity and professionalism; giving, receiving, and responding to feedback effectively; a high Sales orientation; and clear commitments to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and a respectful workplace.
- Manage relationships in a Guest Centric manner.
- Display a team disposition by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible.
- Actively build the capability of others through relevant, timely training, coaching, teaching, and positive recognition.
- Have a working knowledge of the appropriate automotive technology & reporting.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly job responsibilities.
- Keep up to date on all current market/platform management staff and/or staff changes.
- Conduct new market launch training when needed.
- Conduct regular and effective new-hire Team Member training.
- Perform in-field observations and coaching for Team Members.
- Maintain high-performance standards.
- Creating Collaborative Relationships - Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all Asbury Team Members.
- Time Management - Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Developing – Teaching, planning, and supporting the development of Team Member’s skills and abilities so they can fulfill their current and future job/role responsibilities more effectively
Qualifications, Job Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years of automotive and training experience.
- Public speaking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to determine training objectives.
- Ability to troubleshoot, and work collaboratively with all Team Members.
- Professional attitude, display integrity, have a positive attitude, and provide quality outgoing communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to provide clear, positive, and constructive feedback to Team Members.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals.
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and manage job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Possess good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to model Asbury’s commitment to a respectful, educational, proactive, positive, and collaborative work environment.
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to Asbury’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
- High level of computer skills.
- Will occasionally be required to travel.