The Body Shop Technician will be responsible for repairing damaged bodies of vehicles, and or, parts in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and time standards.
- Prepare and repair vehicle per estimate according to manufacturer standards
- De-trim, disassemble and repair vehicle with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Maintain/assist with identifying, and or, sourcing parts and material
- Work as a team player to ensure on-time delivery of vehicles
- Meet or exceed the Collision Center's requirement for productivity
- Maintain tools and equipment in a proper state of repair
- Understand, keep abreast of and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturers’ repair processes & adherence to Asbury Automotive collision’s technical repair processes
- Positive attitude and fix it right the first time mentality
- ASE certification & I-Car certifications are a plus!
- Previous automotive technician or military equivalent experience preferred
- This position will require extended periods of bending, kneeling, standing, sitting and squatting
- This position will require lifting, carrying and pushing of materials (over 50lbs)
- Ability to withstand fumes/chemicals, changes in weather conditions (within reason)
- Must be able to wear protective equipment including respirator
- Must be a minimum of eighteen years of age
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screens (background & drug test)