The purpose of the Vendor Manager is to build and manage relationships with the companies selected to supply products and services to Plaza Motors while collaborating with the Asbury Support Team in the execution of company standards, controls, policies and procedures, focusing on the following processes:
- Ensuring vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations by delivering quality products and services on time.
- Guiding Plaza Motors purchasing activities, including product sourcing and program implementation.
- Lead in the administration of purchases for quality, pricing and delivery timeliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop sourcing and procurement activities that support key business objectives.
- Develop and execute a long-term strategy to facilitate improvements for Procurement Services.
- Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the dealership group to ensure consistent and high quality, value, and delivery of products.
- Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management to support operational objectives.
- Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition and reporting of third-party spend across the dealership group.
- Support and assist in rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, legal department and support groups.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Oversee the development and execution of sourcing strategies across all categories within span of control including targets, timelines and resource plans.
- Build market intelligence capabilities within the category management team on key markets, suppliers and solutions to support strategy development purposes.
- Analyze market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions.
- Pricing and invoice reconciliation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A./ B.S) from four-year College or university; with 5 plus years related supply chain mgmt. experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.